News
Sanders, Warren call for Platner to drop out of Maine Senate race after latest allegation
Summary by The Trophy Club Editorial Desk · Byline on the source page: Monica Madeja and Marc Fortier , as published by NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS)
· July 7, 2026
· 1 min read
Photo: NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS) · view original
Story provenance No corrections
Summary created by The Trophy Club Editorial Desk — automated, rule-governed Byline on source page Monica Madeja and Marc Fortier, as published by NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS) Original story Read at the source Source published Jul 7, 2026 AI assistance Automated summary drawn from the source’s own published text Prepublication human review No — editorial rules, flagged-item review, and published samples
Every story comes with a passport. How we work · Corrections log
Key points This follows a recent claim made by a woman who says she was assaulted. A Maine Senate candidate is facing calls to withdraw from the race.
A Maine Senate candidate is facing calls to withdraw from the race. This follows a recent claim made by a woman who says she was assaulted. The woman had previously been in a relationship with the candidate.
Details of the incident are available from news outlets. The candidate has denied the allegation but is considering his next steps. Another woman has also come forward with a similar claim.
Further information on this story can be found through national news sources, including Politico and The Washington Post.
More News Today’s briefing Local events
Why this story is here
NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS) reported and published this story. The Trophy Club selected it, summarised the key facts above, and links to the original. We did not report this story and we added no reporting of our own to it.
About this story
As published by NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS) . The Trophy Club selects stories from publishers’ feeds, summarises them, and links back to the publisher that reported them. We add no reporting of our own. We attribute every source, link to the original report, and follow a documented editorial standards policy. To understand how stories are selected and reviewed, read our about page .
For the complete original report, visit NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS) . Have a tip or correction? Contact the editor .
Category: News ·
Published: July 7, 2026 ·
Source: NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS) ·
Reading time: 1 min
Frequently asked about this story
What is this story about? A Maine Senate candidate is facing calls to withdraw from the race. This follows a recent claim made by a woman who says she was assaulted. The woman had previously been in a relationship with the…
When was this published? This article was first published on July 7, 2026 by NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS) and curated for The Trophy Club readers.
Who reported this story? This story was reported by Monica Madeja and Marc Fortier at NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth (KXAS). To learn more about how The Trophy Club selects and reviews stories, see our editorial standards .
Where can I find related coverage? See more News coverage from The Trophy Club, or browse our daily briefing and topic hubs .
← Back to all news
More News →
Today’s briefing
Subscribe to newsletter